Just in time for Fall! Maggie (@onceuponapumpkin) shares with us a delicious and easy way to use Ithaca Cold-Crafted Lemon Beet Hummus! If you like this recipe, you will surely like all of Maggie’s new recipes in her cookbook, Once Upon A Pumpkin.
- 1 can salmon
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp. Ithaca Cold-Crafted Lemon Beet Hummus
- Place oats in a food processor. Pulse until ground, about 10 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Add egg, tuna, mustard, 2 tsp. lemon rind, salt, pepper, turmeric, and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Fill a 1/3 cup dry measuring cup with salmon mixture. Invert onto work surface; gently pat into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Repeat with remaining salmon mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add salmon cakes to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side, until bottoms are golden.
- Arrange arugula on a plate. Toss with 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Place tuna cakes over arugula. Add hummus and remaining 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Enjoy!